Everything you need to know before visiting the Panathenaic Stadium.
Provision of tickets
Payment made with cash or bank card at the Panathenaic Stadium Ticket Desk. Electronic deposit available only for travel agents.
Tickets allow access to the Stadium Museum.
Restrooms: Cost of use 1,00€ per person.
Information on visitors eligible for free admission or reduced entry is available here
Visitors obtain tickets either for free or at a reduced entrance fee by showing the necessary documentation, exclusively at the stadium’s ticket offices.
• The ticket is valid only for the date of its issuance.
• After purchasing a ticket, it is not possible to cancel it and get a refund.
Disabled visitors and the person accompanying them. Free Entrance
The Panathenaic Stadium is ideally located in Athens downtown, just 1.000m away from the “Syntagma”, “Akropoli” and “Evangelismos” metro stations.
You can reach us by bus, by metro, by tram, by taxi, by bicycle or even on foot.
Both the track field and the stoa of the Panathenaic Stadium are accessible to people with physical disabilities.
Routes 2, 4, 10, 11, 90, 209, 550
Bus stop: Stadium
Lines M2, M3
Metro stops: Akropoli, Syntagma, Evangelismos
Lines 2, 4, 10, 11
Trolley stop: Stadium
Tram stop: Zappeio
Parking place at the Panathenaic Stadium entrance
Automatic Audio Guide
Upon entry the visitors get an automatic acoustic guide device. The audio tour is available in 11 languages (Greek, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean and Japanese), and it lasts 30 minutes. The acoustic tour is only included in the price of the full and reduced admissions.
Should the visitors wish, they can get in contact with the Association of Licensed Tourist Guides.
The Panathenaic Stadium is a memorable experience for visitors of all ages. With the purchase of a ticket the visitor is eligible to:
- enter the Stadium and walk around
- visit the site and get acquainted with the history of the Stadium
- run onto the field
- walk through the Vaulted passage
- be photographed
- visit the permanent exhibition “Memories from Olympic Games: Posters and Torches from 1896 till today” and
- have an enjoyable educational experience.
The Panathenaic Stadium is an archaeological site. Visitors should comply with the following rules:
In the Stadium it is prohibited:
- Smoking, drinking (except water) and food
- Any kind of advertising for commercial purposes (posting photos of the Stadium or the interior of the Stadium etc)
- The use of any Olympic symbol or anything that refers to it
- Animals entering except seeing eye dogs
- From the upper bleacher section 21 a stunning view is revealed, ideal for a memorable photographic moment. The rock of Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Zappeion, the National Garden and the Lycabettus Hill create a wonderful scenery where nature and history blend together.
- Do not forget to take a picture on the podium with the Stadium in the background.
Vasileos Konstantinou Avenue (across from the statue of the Discobolus of Myron)
Athens 116 35
Monday to Friday 07:30 am – 2:30 pm (excluding public holidays)
Archimidous 16, Pangrati
Athens 116 35
General Information: + 30 210 75 22 985-6
The Canteen, located on the right hand side of the Stadium entrance, operates daily from 08:00 am – 7:00 pm from March to October and from 09:00 am – 5:00 pm from November to February.
Visitors can enjoy a coffee, a refreshment or a quick snack.
Visit the Panathenaic Stadium and feel the unique moments that have taken place here. Leaving the Stadium, choose something from our Gift Shops that will remind you this exceptional visit, and that will give to your closest people the pleasure of having an authentic memorabilia from the Panathenaic Stadium which is inseparably linked to the global athletic and Olympic ideals.
In our gift shops you will find exclusive items inspired by the Kallimarmaro Stadium and its history. Special publications about the history of the Stadium, useful and decorative items for the most demanding collectors, children’s books.
At the Panathenaic Stadium you can find two physical shops. The one gift shop is located at the Stadium courtyard and operates on a daily basis from 09:00 am – 5:00 pm from March till October and from 09:00 am – 3:00 pm from November till February. The second one is located at the Museum area.
- To the shop on the Stadium courtyard, the purchase of a ticket is not required.
- to the shop located at the Museum, tis for free with the purchase of a ticket.
- You can also find our original souvenirs on the online shop of the Panathenaic Stadium 1896 The Store.